Thursday, April 19, 2012

why clinical officer training center and not university

beric greyson aliila
good evening everyone who happen to read this article,
there is this question i ask myself, i reason with myself, and may be discus with myself, my answer will be quiet different from other people's point of view, even your view possibly. as any other student of tanzania who happen to have chance to go to a level, the only expectation in future is usually going to university. others probably knew nothing about clinical officer, i was among those students with same view and expectation.
it is quit easy from that point to conclude that diploma in medicine is a chance for failures. it is a very quick conclusion, and reasonable because it comes as the only option to some students.
as a young boy after finishing my ordinary level, my choice was to continue with physics, chemistry and biology while my dad thought i was more good in maths than biology. because it was my carrier, i did what i loved to do. when i completed a level, my dad strongly suggested that i apply for degree in education, i refused, and decided to apply for diploma in medicine. it was not the first time i head about diploma in medicine though, i knew about it when i was still studying a level.
a question that i ask myself every day and may be is a reason for me to be here today with strong will to complete this course, is because of what i want with  diploma in medicine. somewhere in my life as a member of college, i realized that nothing should really mater in ones life like his or her own future. i myself met challenges in emotional way and physical way and in the end every time i was depressed, the only thing that kept me going is why am i here.

i am not here so that i can be employed, i am here because i have dreams that depends on this, i came here because i was inspired by people, i am here because my life has nothing to live for but my dreams. to hold a phd in medicine, i realized that even though i earned division three in a level, it didnt mean that my dreams to be a doctor were dead, it was challenge, and coming here was one step to change the tide. i had love for my dream. i knew nobody was going to help me reach my goals, i had myself to depend on.
now think of yourself, why are you at clinical officer training centre?
is this your destination?
is this your dream?
if you lost the track, it is time to sit down and think again of your future.
beric


No comments:

Post a Comment